Saturday, December 4, 2010

I was struggling

I have been having a really hard time finding hope in my daily life.

I couple months ago, in March, I chatted with a good friend about how "shitty" I thought the world was. We talked for hours and she helped me brainstorm on ways I could restore my "hope in the world."

She suggested that I ask phi lambs to tell me a story about where they've seen love/hope or make a note on Facebook and ask people to respond with cool and inspiring stories. I told her that the problem with asking people, in general and through Facebook notes, is that people don't respond and instead of finding love and hope and feeling loved, I would feel hurt.

I attempted to make a journal collection of little things in life that brought me hope. Strangers doing random acts of kindness.

Today, I found a website that does that. Givesmehope.com I have been up for the last hour reading small stories. I cried my eyes out.

My hope is slowly being restored.

Will you share? What gives you hope?

1 comment:

  1. My students - seeing how much they love to learn and get excited about small things. They put a smile on my face everyday. They are also great at making you feel loved.

    ReplyDelete