Monday, November 22, 2010

Things that made me smile today

1. Seeing my adorable nephew crawling around. I babysat him today and unfortunately, he is sick. . .but I loved seeing him smile and laugh with me despite being sick. (I used the word love. . .because it applies to a person. If you don't know my issue with the word love, read my other blog entry to be up to date:)

2. Kelly. Kelly was my family's first long-term pet in Modesto. She died May 14, 2003. She was my absolute favorite pet. Ever. She was always around when I needed her and she had the most amazing tricks. She was a bilingual dog! Just thinking about her and holding Kelly, the only stuffed animal I took to college my first year, (that has the real Kelly's old collar around its neck) made me/makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

3. My speech class. I presented a persuasive speech today and got to talk about the importance of community service/civic engagement. We do critiques after each speech, both verbal ones and written ones. On one of my critiques someone (a boy!) wrote that I "dressed for the occasion" and that I looked "professional yet stunning." What a sweet comment! Definitely a self-esteem booster. He must have liked my new boots (What did I ever do without these boots! I haven't stopped wearing them since I bought them! And they are actually on my feet, right now. . .despite the fact that I am in bed!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment